COVID-19 Resources and Self-Care Guides
In an emergency or crisis situation always call triple zero (000) for police, fire or ambulance and follow instructions.
A note from the team:
Youth Solutions is committed to working together and supporting each other during these challenging times.
If you need help or support, information about testing locations or links to government updates, visit our COVID-19 Support Services page or get in touch with out team for a referral: email email@example.com or call 4628 2319. You can also read our full COVID-19 response statement here.
As our community (and the world) continues to navigate the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic, it becomes even more important for each of us to have access to relevant resources; self-care, wellbeing and health information.
Here we have a complied a few resources and guides to help you take of yourself, your health and wellbeing, during this time. We hope these guides may be of use to you or someone you know. If you’d like to see additional guides and resources added here, please get in touch with us and let us know: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also contact us if you, or someone you know is in need of help or support and we can assist you with some referral options. Alternatively, check out our list of COVID-19 Support Services, for links to services and organisations that can provide assistance.
Struggling and need someone to talk to?
Lifeline Australia: 12 11 14
Kids Helpline: 1800 551 800
NSW Mental Health Line: 1800 011 511
Beyond Blue Coronavirus Mental Health Wellbeing Support Service: 1800 512 348
List of 24 hour support lines: https://www.youthsolutions.com.au/get-help/24-hour-support-lines
In an emergency or crisis situation, always call triple zero (000) for police, fire and ambulance and follow instructions.
For more information specifically about the COVID-19 pandemic, please phone the National Coronavirus Health Information Line 1800 020 080 or visit the dedicated NSW Health page
Download PDF: YS_General Referral_COVID-19
Download PDF: YS_COVID-19 Self Care Guide_Drinking Alcohol
Download PDF: YS_Self Isolating Self Care_1-2
- ADF, Alcohol and Drug Foundation, has great tools and information changing your drinking habits, alcohol risks, effects and guidelines: adf.org.au/covid-19/changing-drinking/
- Black Dog Institute, has a great info sheet on managing your mental health at home during the COVID-19 pandemic: www.blackdoginstitute.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Black-Dog-Institute_Managing-your-mental-health-at-home_COVID-19.pdf?sfvrsn=8
- FARE Australia, the Foundation for Alcohol Research & Education, has put together a new resource with useful tips, strategies and information on how to limit alcohol use, and groups you can turn to if you need support during the COVID-19 pandemic. Check it out here: https://fare.org.au/alcohol-use-and-harm-during-covid-19/
- NADA, Network of Alcohol and Other Drug Agencies, have put together a range of worker wellbeing resources for people working in the AOD sector, with some great general takeaway messages: www.nada.org.au/resources/worker-wellbeing/
Specifically for young people
Download PDF: YS_Alcohol Health Promotion Tips_Youth_Over18s
Download PDF: YS_Alcohol Health Promotion Tips_Youth_Under18s
- ReachOut.Com has compiled some great information about how to manage and cope during Coronavirus: au.reachout.com/collections/coping-during-coronavirus
- MYAN NSW has developed some multicultural COVID-19 social media resources for young people. They have resources for 11 languages (Arabic, English, Hindi, Kurdish (Sorani), Macedonian, Mandarin Chinese, Persian, Rohingya, Romanian, Spanish) available for download on their website: www.myannsw.org.au
- Your Room is sharing some great information for young people about managing alcohol intake, including its Drinks Meter app, which provides confidential, personalised feedback about alcohol use. Learn more here: yourroom.health.nsw.gov.au/getting-help/Pages/COVID-19-Support.aspx#DrinksMeter
Specifically for parents and carers
Download PDF: YS_Alcohol Health Promotion Tips_Parent & Carer
- ReachOut.Com has put together some great information for parents on how to support their young people during the COVID-19 pandemic: parents.au.reachout.com/collections/supporting-your-teen-during-coronavirus
Information on this page is intended as a general guide only. The information was compiled by Youth Solutions and was correct as at 21/04/2020. As we always strive to provide accurate information, please contact Youth Solutions if you notice any errors or omissions. We also encourage that you contact us with any suggested improvements. See our full disclaimer here.
Youth Solutions is a youth drug and alcohol prevention and health promotion charity.
For further information about help and support services, visit our Get Help pages.