Youth Solutions has a strong commitment to maintaining relationships with tertiary education providers in order to provide placement opportunities for students. From 2015 to 2018, Youth Solutions offered over 2,100 hours of practical experience for 27 students.
Youth Solutions has agreements with:
- NSW TAFE South Western Sydney Institute – Campbelltown Campus’ youth work program
- University of Wollongong’s School of Health Sciences – HAS333: Social Sciences Project
- Western Sydney University’s School of Medicine – Medicine in Context program
- Western Sydney University’s School of Science and Health – Health Promotion Practice 1 & 2
- Western Sydney University’s The Academy community internship program
Youth Solutions works in collaboration with student placement coordinators at TAFE, Western Sydney University, University of Wollongong to organise student placement opportunities. If you are enrolled in one of these courses, please contact your placement supervisor or subject coordinator to let them know you’re interested in undertaking your placement with us.
Placement at Youth Solutions provides students with practical insight into:
- The development, implementation and evaluation of programs for young people
- Youth, community and stakeholder engagement
- Data collection, analysis and reporting
- Research and best practice for prevention and early intervention services
- Peer education and workshop facilitation
- Project management
- Networking, information and referral support
Previous student placements have been involved in:
- The Peer Enrichment and Empowerment Project
- Information and Referral support
- Safer Celebrations campaigns
- Youth Solutions’ research and data collection
For more information about other ways to get involved at Youth Solutions, click here.