The team at Youth Solutions is passionate about providing health promotion and harm prevention services that are inclusive, culturally appropriate and serve the needs of young people in the Macarthur and Wingecarribee regions of NSW. And we’re hiring!
Our team is growing! Youth Solutions is on the hunt for a Health Promotion Officer & Educator. Join our team to be part of a renowned organisation that makes a positive difference in the lives of young people.
Are you an experienced health promotion professional who enjoys working directly with young people?
Apply by telling us how you meet the ESSENTIAL CRITERIA (points 1-11, listed below) in a cover letter (dot points with examples responding to each criterion would be helpful) + attach a current resume.
Email BOTH documents by 12pm, Friday 4 August 2023 to Sam Young, Manger Programs at Youth Solutions: email@example.com.
Enquiries: 02 4628 2319.
This position will play an active role in the development, implementation and evaluation of innovative and evidence-based health promotion projects, with a focus on alcohol and other drug prevention.
1. Tertiary qualifications in health promotion / public health / health education / related field
2. Ability to pass probity & health screening checks (Working with Children Check, National Police Check and COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate or a medical contraindication certificate)
3. Holding and maintaining a valid driver’s licence and use of a comprehensively insured vehicle
4. Ability to work flexible hours
Essential skills and experience in:
5. Facilitating group education sessions / workshops and presentations
6. Planning, implementing and evaluating health promotion projects
7. Reviewing literature to inform good practice in delivering service
8. Producing high quality written communications (including writing reports and content for a variety of audiences)
9. Building and maintaining effective relationships and partnerships with a variety of stakeholders
10. Administrative processes and record keeping
11. High level digital literacy
This position will have a commitment to:
Youth Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and encourages individuals of diverse backgrounds to apply. Successful applicants will pass probity checks, complete the induction and orientation program, and participate in a performance management program including a 6-month probationary review.
Posted on 26th July 2023